Turkey Wedding Planner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off we go on our "skiing vacation"....

5 posters

Go down

off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Empty off we go on our "skiing vacation"....

Post  Mavi Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Bags are packed, ready for the off... only at 4 30 am to avoid the traffic.. affraid affraid affraid

Me and the wee one are feeling a bit of a virus coming on... pig but maybe the sight of snow will sort us out...

not sure how much skiing we will manage, but raki raki cherry visne season commences up there tomorrow!! *RESULT*!! cheers

So at least we know we are established in one of the sports up there!! us

pics to follow next week!!

be good all, we have the laptops, couldnt be without our forum fever... so apologies in advance for any spelling mistakes.. raki cherry
Mavi
Mavi
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.pinkies-salon.com

Back to top Go down

off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Empty Re: off we go on our "skiing vacation"....

Post  majella Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:31 pm

HAve a good holiday, and try to to break anything, and if the raki does not cure you it will kill you,. raki cherry
majella
majella
Ikbal
Ikbal

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://www.johnjamesformalhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Empty Re: off we go on our "skiing vacation"....

Post  anniebubble Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Have a great holiday drunken cant wait to see all the pictures Very Happy
anniebubble
anniebubble
Concubine
Concubine

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Alison Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:41 pm

Well we're back 2 days earlier than planned. Sad

We arrived at the ski resort on Sunday at lunchtime, the weather was great. Got the kids wrapped up and onto the piste. They enjoyed playing in the snow. The bigger boys got onto their skis and took off for the slopes.
Monday was great as well....up until 4pm when a blizzard started which was still blowing when we left last night around 6pm.
We were hotel-bound since Monday evening and 2 metres of snow fell that night. A lot of the cars parked outside our hotel were completed covered by snow; there was no sign that a car was even under it all.
We were on the 2nd floor and the snow was near enough up to my room window; I think Mavi's window was nearly covered.
Luckily enough the hotel was nice and the food was beautiful. Although they had the heating turned up full blast which was sickening. When we asked if they'd turn it down a bit they said that some of the other guests were complaining that it wasn't warm enough affraid My room was suffocating as I couldn't open the window. I'm claustrophobic as it is, so I was like a tiger pacing her cage.
As our luck would have it, I rang hubby today and he said that the weather up there was glorious today, the sun was hot and the blizzard had gone. Shocked

I think we're planning Dubai for our next trip and give snow a miss for a while rendeer
Alison
Alison
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.turkeyweddingplanner.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyeyed Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 pm

What a pain your holiday was not all it could have been. Glad you home safely though.
mistyeyed
mistyeyed
Concubine
Concubine

Female
Number of posts : 37

http://www.kusadasivisitorsguide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mavi Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 pm

off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Jan08uludagskiingtrip01la3off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Jan08uludagskiingtrip01ar6 off we go on our "skiing vacation".... Uludagjan08004or4

heres my version... Shocked

Uludag Skiing trip, Jan 08

Dear Diary
Really looking forward to the skiing trip, haven’t tried it before, so excited to give it a go and have some fun in the snow.

Day 1 Sunday our arrival…

We arrived safely, nice journey and trip up the mountain, was a little disappointed with the ride up the mountain as there was no sign of snow what so ever.. until we reached the top which was covered in white fluffy snow and the sun was shining... It was a lovely clear morning, and there was loads of skiers out having fun.
After we checked into out hotel, the boys went down to get kitted out for their skiing, us being us… we went shopping!! Ha ha.. Well we made the excuse of the kids needing some stuff, and us girls needed funky ski hats… shopping done, off we trooped with the kids in tow back up the hill to the hotel stopping to watch the skiers..

The hotel is nice, clean and spacious with a billiards room, restaurant and bar area and a beer garden. The rooms are clean and basic, and en suite. There is a fridge and tv in the room, the only thing to point out is that the heat is unbearable in the hotel, everywhere apart from the restaurant, its cooler in there, but the rooms are like saunas, and with the snow outside you cant keep the window open for long or there is enough snow for an indoor snowman… For me, the heat is unbearable….

We have turned down the room thermostats, it changed nothing, and reception cant change it either.
Bear in mind we have taken lots of warm clothing with us for the snow!!

Tea and cakes at 5pm, dinner at 8pm…

At some point between tea and dinner, it had started snowing…then whipped up a frenzy by nighttime into a wild blizzard…

Day 2 Monday

Boys toddle off to ski after breakfast, Alison and I head down to the shop with the kids to get our ski gear..
My legs ache in the boots… after a short walk, or rather a few steps in the snow, I have a cramp in both calves, head back down to the shop to change… none are comfortable on me now… so take snow boots instead to get me back to the hotel for lunch with the idea that I will learn snow boarding instead this afternoon….

Lunch is served

As we sit and watch the fresh snowflakes hit the window ledge of the dining room, Halis comes in to announce that the Jandarma have cancelled skiing for the afternoon as the wind and snow is getting too bad..
Tea and cakes at 5pm, dinner at 8pm…

Day 3 Tuesday in all day due to the weather, not a chance of getting out..

Day 4 Wednesday finally got car dug out and waited on crashed bus to be cleared on the road to get down the mountain, next thing we hear there is another bus turned over…

Eventually we make the move down the mountain, snow chains on and white knuckles on door handles as we make our descent…
Gladly we made it down in one piece what a relief to see very little snow down the bottom of the mountain.
Mavi
Mavi
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 354

http://www.pinkies-salon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down